Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a trip




So we had quite the trip to Las Vegas, we got there Friday night around 9 or so. After having a little treat we set up camp downstairs in the dining room. The fun really didn't start until 3 a.m. when Amy started throwing up... she was sleeping upstairs in the loft with several others, when she ran to the bathroom. Most of it stayed in the bathroom, but when Garrett threw up it was all over the carpet. needless to say Wendy, Lee and Deon were on clean up (it was funny to hear Deon talk about Garretts "spew", she is so fun). I was downstairs making sure the kids didn't wake up while Lee was steam cleaning the carpet. Well the fun had just started. The next morning we had breakfast and went for a swim. The kids loved it. Bailey was doing a great job diving for little sinking toys while kennedy and Tucker were pushed around by Lindsey and I.
Later that day I set up the tent for us to sleep in, the kids were so excited, they were crawling aroung like puppy's when we heard Tucker grunt and Kennedy started to cry. When I found him he was pressed up against the side of the tent, it scared me a little just by the way he was sittting there, I was woried that he had gotten hurt... Luckly it was just a little rough housing and everyone was fine.
Another scare came after dinner. The kids had begged to go swimming again, we got ready and jumped in. Kennedy was jumping off the little seat in the water when she must have flipped right over, she had a little float tube around her that let her have a little freedom to paddle around. I turned around to see just her legs sitting out of the water. I was scared to DEATH! I quickly swam over to her and flipped her back over, she had held her breath the whole time and was just a little startled. I was so releaved. She turned to me and said "you saved me daddy, I love you". I love that little girl, she means so much to me. I would have felt terrible if I would have lost her. We continued our swim and this time I stayed very aware of what she was doing. She was so cute, she would swim over to Dad or I and say I love you, and give a kiss. What a joy to have her in my life.
Well, to get back to the flu that was running around the house. Stacy was sick in the morning, while Lauren got sick at the airport that afternoon. Uncle Lee ended up sleeping in the bathroom by the toilet, and our poor little Tucker lost his dinner about 11:00. After he had thown up we decided it would be a whole lot easier for us to take care of the kids at home if the other two got the little bug also. so we quickly packed up as much as we could, and Dad offered to take the tent down and bring it to us when they came home. Lucky for us that was really the only time Tucker threw up. To say the least it was an interesting trip, with a whole lot of scary moments. Don't worry Wendy, a tough weekend won't keep us away long.

1 comment:

C Stevens said...

wow, I wish I could have been there? Maybe it is a good thing we couldn't make the trip. I would like an "I love you" and a kiss from Kennedy. she is such a cutie. tucker looks huge.